Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Trials with Smiles

You never know what a new year is going to bring.  Last year brought Chemo for Emily, but it also brought 2 Make-a-Wishes come true.  Emily's prayers and many more were answered and she was able to make it through and is back in school.  Baby Christian was born so small, but now he is home and doing well.  Another baby in the family--Morgan Mae--and Jeff got to bless her.  These were hard and blessed times and I thought this year might be a little quieter, but not so we are always having the trials--and I hope we can continue to see the smiles through these new trials. 
Grandpa Waddoups is dealing with a new health challenge--that is the reason for the vacation.
We lost Great Grandma Hanson. 

I guess we have seen the smiles though.  We were able to say our see you laters and short goodbyes to Grandma and feel of her love and spirit as she slowly and painfully left this earth to be with Grandpa and our Heavenly Father.  IT was not to hard at first because I so felt her spirit as it grasped between earth life and life beyond, but each day gets a little harder and I find the tears streaming down my face as I know she is now needing to be about our Father's work.  Oh I am glad to have had her in my life and I am glad she is on the other side to be with Grandpa and be able to now help him comfort my family in our trials--at the same time I pray we will not need them too much this year--I could use a break from the medical trials.  However, Emily has some wierd bruises on her knee and those feelings of confusion and dispare are creeping back in.  Like I said who knows what each new day or year will bring.  I just must thank my Heavenly Father for tender mercies, smiles through trials, and especially for family and friends that stay strong when I am weak.  To my Mom--you are the very best of being strong and holding me up--I am so glad to have you by my side.  May you always be blessed for your testimony and sacrifices--Grandma is so proud of you--you deserve all the most beautiful rose bouquets in the world.  I LOVE YOU!  It is sad that losses are what truly make us live and love as if it were are last day--I will continue to strive to live everyday as if it were my last.

 I didn't get any pictures, but cousins and others were taking some and when I get them I will post them.  Lets just say it was the warmest most beautiful day I have seen in the winter.  Thanks Grandma.  We love you and will miss you, but know we will hug you once again.

No comments: