Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything




Idaho History Project Fun
Lillian had fun turning a regular Idahoan Potato into Mr. Simplot Potato head.  Dad helped her turn a piece of cardstock into the cowboy hat--pretty clever if I say so myself














I THOUGHT IT WAS SPRING?!

I cleaned out the front flower beds, but know I keep waking up to snow and more snow.  It does melt by end of day, but every morning it comes back.   I HOPE THE REAL SPRING COMES SOON!!!!!!

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!--

The leprecauns came for a visit again at our house this year.  They love to turn everything green--milk, food, leave pictures on windows.  We are just lucky that so far their mischief has all been lots of fun and not bad--maybe one year they will leave the pot of Gold--we can hope.....



IT'S TOO COLD OUTSIDE TODAY....okay I will get my coat.  Quite the fashion statement.  He thought boots a glove and going to get his coat would be good enough.  He was disappointed when mom really did not let him out even after her did manage to put the coat on.  Spring fever is definetly contagious around here.

Luckily he decided playing trains would work. He loves his trains.  If you come to the house for a visit you probably will get a chace to be conducter--or at leaste watch him. 

A fun little conversation yesterday morning. 
Primary has been encourageing the kids to read scriptures everyday. 
While I was having a quiet mommy moment in the bathroom--ha, ha, ha!  I get a knock on the door. 
      JON--"Mom--guess what I was doing?" 
          MOM--thinks, but doesn't say--oh no can't just once I go to the bathroom and come out without another big mess to deal with--instead she says--"I don't know what did you do, I hope it was not making a mess?"
    JON--"NOOOO, I was being good and I was reading my scriptures"
         MOM--a little surprised--"Oh, how were you reading your scriptures"
    JON--"Duh Mom--in my mind like the girls do"
        MOM--trying not to laugh--luckily he could not see through the door--"Good--what did you read about"
    JON--"About Nephi"
       MOM--"What was he doing"
   JON--"I don't remember"
      MOM--coming out drying her hands--"Well maybe you should read again so you can remember and tell me."
  JON--"NAh, I remember MOM--he was reading scriptures and being a good boy just like me."
I LOVE THE INNOCENCE OF CHILDREN
these are the moments that make the interupted bathroom breaks so worth it.


No comments: